Thursday, April 25, 2013

Is God Wrathful Or Wonderful?

I grew up believing God was a wrathful God. As such, became afraid of Him. I believed I was unworthy and a sinner, in what I did, and failed to do. I figured if there was no pleasing Him I would be better off to go it alone, and simply live life my way. Am I alone in these thoughts? Or have you had them too?

It was only when I turned to a gay-friendly church that I received a different message. There I was taught God was actually a loving God. They promised He would Bless my life with all good things to enjoy abundantly. Insisting I was free to love whomever I choose, since we are supposed to love each another unconditionally, without judgment, which includes same-sex relationships. They justified God doesn't make mistakes and loves us all equally - gay, straight or otherwise, and that we are all uniquely and perfectly made. That He is accepting of all our differences, and loves us just the way we are. I wanted this God. With the support of this church I became gay, out and proud - not straight.

But after years of living this way, my life became plagued with "bad luck." I began to lose things that would seemingly crush others. Through it all, I tried gaining some sort of sanity and semblance in my life. Yet, no matter how hard I tried, my life kept messing up. My prayers were not getting answered. My hope and peace were withering quickly. I lost my spouse, home, business, children, and was in financial ruin. More bad luck forced its way into my life; I became mentally, emotionally and physically distraught. My health was gone, my faith was gone, and all hope was non-existent. My life was completely broken; it had turned into a hellish merry-go-round and I desperately wanted off. The God I found in the gay-friendly church was not doing as they had promised. Something was missing.

That's when I went in search of what was missing. I searched for this God. The One Who truly does answer prayers, and desires to give us all good things to enjoy abundantly. Then I found Him!

This is the God I want to introduce you to. He is truly awesome! He wants to be in relationship with you, and share in your life. To help you make right decisions, and guide you through life's challenges. He never meant for any of us to live a broken life. He never created us to live that way. He wants to prosper us in all areas of our life. A loving, kind, generous, gracious, giving God able to pick up, and fix all the broken pieces in our life, and restore all that is lost. A God so loving He fills our heart with peace, happiness and hope. To those who believe and accept His help, He Blesses abundantly. If we simply follow His lead, our life will become more than we even hoped for or imagined; yet if we do not to follow, He cannot lead us the right way - this, was the 'something missing.' I had not been following, so He was not leading.

God loves us so much He gave us free-will to accept His love or not. To be in relationship with Him, or not. To follow His lead, or not. To believe in Him, or not.

If your life is a mess, and you want the pain, hurt, confusion, and frustration to stop, let me introduce you to God - the One who created you. Accept Him into your heart, and follow His lead, and He will turn your life around. He's been waiting to help you. Are you willing to give Him a chance?

Author of Insight In Sight: Was I Born Like This? A straight gone gay gone straight lady, who shares the journey and how she did it. http://www.sylviehache.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sylvie_Hache

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7355580

God bless...

Ms Jini (jcchristianles)
"For With God Nothing Is Impossible" Luke 1:37

The Message (MSG) John 3:16-18
16-18"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

GLBT Christian Stories: sweetladyj on storymash.com

Follow me on twitter for daily inspiration: jcchristianles

Connect with me on yahoo messenger: pamlover2011

"Together with Jesus is better than separate and alone" - Sarah Bowling

“True prosperity is having EVERY thing that you need in EVERY area of your life to accomplish God’s purpose for your life” – Ms Jini (jcchristianles)

"THE BLESSING of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it" Prov 10:22

Join me in building a Prosperity mentality (100 Lessons on Prosperity) for the next few weeks!

Join me in discovering 58 Blessings found in the Holy Bible as discussed in Mike Murdock’s book “The Covenant of 58 Blessings”.

Join me in Fasting From Wrong Thinking this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment