Thursday, May 23, 2013

Does Government Rule What Churches Preach?

The often sited Thomas Jefferson quote, from his 1802 letter to the Danbury Baptists states:

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

As stated, Jefferson's position is that legislature should make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion, as a result building a wall of separation between church and state. Yet sadly, I discovered this is exactly what is happening in many of our churches today.

There are so many gay-friendly churches 'coming out,' it appears churches are finally accepting what the gay community has been fighting for years to achieve. I was one of those within the congregation of a gay-friendly church, seeking truth before beginning my journey into a life of homosexuality. In this church, I thought I finally had found the loop-hole - the one that shared what all other churches didn't dare share. The one finally willing to admit God doesn't make mistakes; He loves us all equally and being gay was the way I was created to be. What resulted was a confidence that God approved of my homosexual lifestyle. However, to my dismay, thirteen-years later, I discovered and experienced so many negative effects and consequences intertwined throughout my life that were so devastating, I had to dig deeper to find out why my life had become a hellish merry-go-round.

Please know it is not my position or intent to suggest how anyone should live. Even God will not tell us what type of life to live - that is our free-will choice. However I am compelled to share what I discovered.

I discovered many of these gay-friendly churches are coming out, but unfortunately, not for the reason you may think. I learned legislature was creating laws prohibiting the free exercise of what some churches can do and preach. How are they doing this? They're doing this by initiating fear of closure due to lack of funding. In other words, punish the behavior you don't want and reward the one you do. This is especially prevalent as it relates to teachings regarding homosexuality; which is highly unfortunate for everyone involved - the churches, government, congregation, even the non-straight (LGBTQ) community.

What I found is the government is being led by the LGBTQ community to legally force churches to support and perform same-sex marriages; otherwise, they potentially stand to lose their non-profit charitable donation status. As such, several churches are now following suit simply to ensure they do not lose funding and be forced to close down. How can you find truth when it's not allowed to be spoken?

I believe we all deserve to know the truth - especially if we seek it. I wanted to know the truth all those years ago, prior to entering into a non-straight lifestyle (that's why I went to church), but instead received mistruth from a church apparently afraid of losing their charitable donation status. I believe it is our God-given right as citizens to receive the information we seek. I consider it deplorable to be refused this information, by fear imposed by government rule - especially while in a church.

If you are reading this and are struggling with your sexual orientation, looking for answers to questions and trying to figure out the truth, I encourage you to read Insight In Sight - Was I Born Like This? It was written to help you by providing answers to the tough questions and so your life does not become a devastating experience. I also encourage churches to obtain and read this book. While being the author this may look self-serving, I ask any church who desires a copy of this book to contact me and I will forward a free copy. And I encourage passing it around. It is a quick and easy read. So get your questions answered, get all the information and weigh what you've learned without any agenda, so that you can make the proper unbiased decision. And, whatever you choose let it be based on truth. After all, aren't you worth it?

Author of Insight In Sight: Was I Born Like This? A straight gone gay gone straight lady, who shares the journey and how she did it. http://www.sylviehache.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sylvie_Hache

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7172856

God bless...

Ms Jini (jcchristianles)
"For With God Nothing Is Impossible" Luke 1:37

The Message (MSG) John 3:16-18
16-18"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

GLBT Christian Stories: sweetladyj on storymash.com

Follow me on twitter for daily inspiration: jcchristianles

Connect with me on yahoo messenger: pamlover2011

"Together with Jesus is better than separate and alone" - Sarah Bowling

“True prosperity is having EVERY thing that you need in EVERY area of your life to accomplish God’s purpose for your life” – Ms Jini (jcchristianles)

"THE BLESSING of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it" Prov 10:22

Join me in building a Prosperity mentality (100 Lessons on Prosperity) for the next few weeks!

Join me in discovering 58 Blessings found in the Holy Bible as discussed in Mike Murdock’s book “The Covenant of 58 Blessings”.

Join me in Fasting From Wrong Thinking this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment